ad

Saturday, July 2, 2016

Cafe Kwae - A tranquil zone in a bustling city

It's been a while since I blogged , but am working on something big and it takes time to perfect. In the mean time here is a little review from a TasteGhana Correspondent - I will chip in a few extra points.

Café Kwae is one of my new favorite places in Accra. From the reminiscent decor of a quaint Western Cafe with natural lighting from its architectural position to their subtly dim lit aura during the later hours.


The relaxing ambiance to the fresh, tasty food to the attentive customer
service - I have grown to love it.

Our initial acquaintance with this Ghana Owned Business was paved with mixed feelings. 

Initially had a Club Sandwich or mistakenly given a Chicken Cobb Sandwich and later on tried some skinny fries and chicken wings and tea.

Grilled Chicken Wings

Food was averagely good but I was not getting the feel of Value for Money,hence visited sparingly.  

 

A few months down the line and a few tweaks here and there I have met some passable consistencies. 


Orijinator

They have their own in-house cocktails and I have tried their Originator which was a basic mix of coke and Orijin and something not memorable to me now, but the Apata Bi Ase (Ginger ale, ginger syrup, lemon
juice with a shot of rum) cocktail which I think is new. 

Apata Bi Ase
On my recent visit, decided to splurge a bit, so I had the Café Kwae Rice Pot

(rice, chicken, calamari, shrimps, shallot, carrots, green peppers,
'secret spices')

The rice pot was yummy. It was quite spicy with the pepper they give on the side. I like spice, so it
was great! The cocktail was very gingery - each sip warmed my heart!

 


 I must say, the chefs at Café Kwae always concoct awesome, fresh flavors that are truly memorable.

Café Kwae is a pricey place to dine, but given the unique flavors they conjure, eating there is worth it.
I hope they can maintain their standards and quality service.
8.5/10 for both the rice pot and the cocktail!