ad

Thursday, August 4, 2016

How to Make Waakye Stew

Since am being encouraged more and more to Vlog on Top of blogging am giving it a go and see what comes out of it.

As I have previously stated cooking can be easy if you just take your time and ease into what you are doing, its actually a stress reliever. And always do what agrees with your palate.

Waakye Stew is basically a tomato based stew but its done a bit differently done most stews although the stew can be used not only as an accompaniment to waakye but other foods.





If you can not get all the ingredients listed you can exempt them and will still get a good result.

I occasionally cook and may not have all the ingredients but using natural flavours and ingredients always helps get a good result.

This is a step by step guide but you can also revert to the Youtube video for visual direction too.

I used Goat meat only , but u can use any meat of choice from beef to cow foot to wele etc.

Ingredients

Meat

  • 1kg of  Goat Meat  
  • 1 Stock Cube Meat Seasoning
  • Fresh ginger (1  big piece or 2 small pieces) 
  • 1 onion
  • 3 Garlic Cloves
  • Adobo seasoning or replace with 2 tsps of salt
  • Rosemary
Stew 
  • 2 Canned Tomatoes or Fresh Tomatoes(blended) 
  • 1 Canned Tin Tomato Paste 
  • 4-5 Onions  
  •  Fresh Ginger 
  • 3 Garlic Cloves 
  • 2 Tsp Mild curry powder 
  • Rosemary
  • Black Pepper
  • 2 Scotch Bonnet or 1 Habanero ( u can chose to blend it in the onion ginger mixture) / (I used paprika and cayenne pepper in video)
  • 1 Stock Cube ( Meat )
  • 2 bay leaves ( optional- at  time of video I didn't have any)
  • Oil  
  • Salt to taste 

Seasoning the Meat.


The YouTube Video is Self Explanatory so I will only hit on some Key Tips.
To view video click link below



In seasoning meat  I suggest you can add on or remove which ever seasoning you prefer, I encourage you to add what you enjoy, but with the ingredients above you will get a good flavor of the goat meat.
You can use any other meat you prefer. I only used Goat meat.


- Slowly boiling the meat will make it soft, tender and well seasoned and when fried and later simmered in the stew it will soak up the stew.

- Excess oil from the stew can be decanted and reused and can also be used to make the Gari and macaroni, just drizzle and stir till evenly mixed.


- I choose to lightly season my onions and green peppers or veges when caramelizing  them. 

- I also prefer to season my stew after I have thoroughly cooked the tomato sauce, it's easier to taste alongside the fresh ingredients




Keep posted on our Channel for more
Kindly Subscribe to Our YouTube page 
To watch the short video on how to Make Waakye  Stew
Kindly Like and comment